Saturday, November 28, 2009

Reflection #9
This week was way too short! I wish we could've stayed just a little while longer. I ended up exceeding my hours by about 2 hours and I still wanted to stay longer. The students were warming up to us and I was feeling comfortable in the classroom. One of the students that I've been struggling to get engaged got a really bad bloody nose on Tuesday so I was able to help him out and connect with him a little bit more. The teacher is trying to keep this student on task, but he said he even has a hard time with him. We are all wondering if he has ADD, he just can't seem to sit still or follow instructions. Before we left the students thanked us for "making the lessons fun" some even told me they would miss me. I was able to take the students to one of their rotations and play a game with them while we waited for the other teacher to finish getting ready for us. The kids caught onto the game just as it was time to go in so it worked out perfectly. I said goodbye to them before class started and then headed off to work. I had a great experience and am going to miss being in a classroom every day. I'm really excited to be moving on and can't wait until I can start teaching a class of my own. So much Fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment