Thursday, November 12, 2009

Reflection #7
This week has flown by! We taught on Tuesday and Wednesday and we will be teaching again on Friday. Our lessons have gone well and we are hoping they will continue to get better. The students have been very respectful and have been a lot of fun to be around. I am enjoying being in the 5th grade and could see myself teaching this grade in the future. The students pick up on a lot more than I thought they would, though they still have a hard time paying attention for very long and instructions have to be repeated numerous times. We are using the "give me 5" system as well as "freeze please, stop, and go". I have noticed that the students like to take their time on projects and so we've had to extend time and have to consider that with our future lesson plans. So far I think we've done a pretty good job of making the constitution fun for the kids. After teaching our lessons I have found areas where we can improve the way we presented as well as adding to and changing the lesson plan. I'm looking forward to teaching again next week and hope things continue to run smoothly for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment