Friday, October 9, 2009

Reflection #3
Educational dance is used to help students understand a concept or maybe even to learn more about themselves. I think studio dance is more structured and is not centered around understanding our environment or a school subject. Creative dance helps kids to think outside of the box. Following instruction is not as important in education dance as it is in other types of dance. Students start to think about the subject as it relates to them and interpret it into their dance moves. As a teacher I will use creative dance to help my students understand cultures, animals, and their peers. I want my students to have another way to relate to their environment through movement. I think dance is a great way to get students thinking about how important movement is as well as our body language. When we can become confident with our body and our movements, we realize we are capable of great things. Our bodies are incredible and dance helps students realize how important they are when expressing themselves through movement.

No comments:

Post a Comment